Carol's wood-burning stove is the likely cause of her carbon monoxide problems. Listen to Podcast here.
This is yet another recent example of a "tradesman/chimney specialist" who not having any qualification in the safe installation of appliances, fitted a multifuel appliance and twin wall system in a timber frame house in County Wexford. This householder had put the children to bed, but awoke on hearing a "clink clink" sound. While trying to find the source of the sound, the householder pulled down the attic ladder only to find
the attic on fire.The result can be seen here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7Zgtjdq4NE the Irish Fire Service attended removing the stove and hearth before this video commenced. The family were saved but the home was damaged.
Light Saving Energy Device Wins Sustainable Energy Innovation Award
New regulations to be introduced;- new regulations will rule out the installation of conventional
New regulations will rule out the installation of conventional boilers in the republic of Ireland.
Liveline Podcast - carbon monoxide poisoning 08 March 2011